Kampala Uganda’s capital city and also the largest in the whole country is popularly known as the city of seven hill. This is basically because it was originally set on seven different hills and people that visited it named it “Kasozi Ka – Mpala” which means the “Hill of Impalas”. They essentially named it so because it has so many impalas that could run from one hill to another through the valleys. There are a number of exciting places which you can visit whereas we divide the two into the Kabaka’s trail and the historical sites trails. You can choose to visit one tail or blend the two trails but cannot visit both in one day. We therefore advise that you blend the visit in order to make it interesting though some times , the Kabaka’s tail is better to be done alone because visiting all its sites gives you a clear idea of the history of Buganda Kingdom .
A guide from Afro-Trip safaris will pick you up from the hotel after your breakfast and drive you around Kampala city .He will en rich you with information about Kampala that includes the history and current.
Places to visit in the Kampala city tour will include;
- The Uganda Museum on Kira road,
- Art Galleries and markets like African village along Buganda road,
- The Bahai Temple,
- Makerere University, among others
- Owino and Nakasero Markets,
- One of the suburbs of Kampala to see how people live locally like Katanga .
- The Kabaka’s trail. which includes ; Katereke Prison ditch, Nagalabi coronation centre, Kasubi tombs, Wamala tombs , Namugongo Martyr’s shrine and ssezzibwa Falls,Kabaka’s palace and Kabaka ‘s man made lake
- Parliamentary Buildings.
- Religious places of worship like Kibuli,lubaga and Namirembe
You will have much fun and see different unique things more so in the art galleries, museum and the tombs. At the end of the day you will be driven back to your hotel where you will have your dinner and sleep as you wait for your trip the next day or your flight back home